Now let's look at some personal situations where you might be exempt from council tax

(1/4) Are you a full-time student, student nurse, or a Foreign Language Assistant on a British Council Programme?
A full-time student is defined as follows:
(a) requires attendance for at least 24 weeks each academic year, and
(b) requires, on average, at least 21 hours a week of study and/or tuition during term time.
(c) studying for degree, diploma, certificate, doctorate or highers/A-levels if the person is under 20

(2/4) Are you a local authority care leaver under the age of 26?

(3/4) Have you left your home empty to care for someone else?

(4/4) Are you receiving long term care in a hospital or care home?


Start again